With the IPC and IMYC we chose a topic or a theme which will become the center of all studies for a given duration (usually six weeks). For each topic there is a distinct learning process which provides a structured approach to make sure that children’s learning experiences are as stimulating and as challenging as possible. Teachers throughout each key stage and across all subjects get together to plan their upcoming six weeks, they link all their lessons to the chosen topic.
he Pupils will be engaged at the beginning of each topic either with an event, field trip or an activity as an entry point for their topic (Entry Point). By the end of the six weeks, Pupils will have to showcase what they have learnt through a project based task (Exit Point). During the six weeks, Pupils will implement different research, analysis, conclusions, trials and errors technique to help them acquire and implement the necessary knowledge.
This gives the Pupils the ultimate teaching experience with the following benefits:
• Pupils are taught the art of knowledge discovery.
• Helps Pupils connect the knowledge gained from all subjects together.
• Pupils learn to filter the information effectively and make calculated decisions.
• Enables the Pupil to implement what they learn into practical projects.
• Pupils gain the confidence to indulge into new challenges applying their learning for problem
• Pupils use multiple resources ranging from traditional books to modern personal Windows
• Pupils recognise their strength, weakness and identify opportunities they wish to pursuit in the
• Makes learning fun and pupils form a love for skills and knowledge.
This prepares Pupils to progress through the year groups focusing on different areas as they grow. Ultimately it prepares them for easy transition into Higher Education regardless of the country or system used. At PSI School we will be offering a choice of International General Certificate in Secondary Education (IGCSE) or the International Diploma (IB) depending on the Pupils’ grades and future plans. Below are our main focus areas as children progress from Pre-School: